Monday, March 2, 2009

bittersweet


Fini!


bittersweet;pleasure alloyed with pain

There’s something about completing a project or achieving a goal that can evoke an unexpected bittersweet response.

A goal to which time, energy and enthusiasm has been devoted, selfishly, now nears it’s finish. That seems to be when the thing creeps in, fog- like. It obscures the light of the accomplishment and shrouds the moment of celebration in chilly dampness. Now what?

A common malady of the creative type. It must be met head on, full force with the next most compelling project in the world. Just GO...

1 comment:

  1. I get satisfaction from completing projects. (I think - the last project I completed was in ....) I have so many UFO's (Unfinished Objects) that I haven't experienced what you are referring to much. Maybe I'll try to finish something just to see if my feelings match yours.

    ReplyDelete