Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good Intentions

Oh my.

You know what they say about the road to hell…paved with good intentions.

When I embarked on this humbling experience of blogging, it was my intention to publish something that might possibly possess a smidgeon of value or interest or insight or inspiration - on a somewhat regular basis. I thought perhaps, just maybe, that by journaling creative missives I could somehow channel words into action. Brimming with enthusiasm and ideas I began. My zeal waned with how difficult the process quickly became. I felt (and feel) self-conscious. I gratefully allowed the business of life to supersede the commitment to write.

So I begin again. The creative process continues – of that I have no choice. Perhaps a change in the approach to writing about it should be considered. No pressure, no promises, less seriousness, less sticking to the script.

There. That wasn’t so hard.

Again – wish me luck…

No comments:

Post a Comment